[KS] Re: Oguma Eiji

Mark Caprio caprio at rikkyo.ne.jp
Tue Jun 20 17:31:14 EDT 2000

Regarding Oguma's book, I wrote a review
for an Australian journal, Asian Studies Review (June 1999) for
The Myth of the Homogeneous Nation.  Most U.S. journals (I believe)
will not accept unsolicited book reviews.  This journal would although they
commented that they don't make a habit of printing reviews of
books written in languages other than English.  I have since learned
that this book has been reviewed quite extensively in the U.S.  His second book
appears to be more useful for Korean studies than his first.

Regards,

Mark Caprio
Department of Law and Politics
Rikkyo University