[KS] Re: O^ Chae-yo^n and Sugi

Thomas Duvernay goongdo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:02:36 EDT 2000

>The fact
> that Mr. Duvernay, a blood relative of the 1871 U.S. expedition commander,
> is leading the cause adds much legitimacy and symbolic power to the
> effort.

Gene,

I'm grateful for your thoughts regarding the flag and agree with your ideas.
However, I should be clear that I am not a blood relation to anyone who was
involved in the 1871 action (even though, after researching it so much, I
_feel_ like I was there).  Still, one descendant of a prominent participant
in the action, Mr. James Wardrop (the great-great nephew of Lt. Hugh McKee,
who was one of three US KIA), strongly supports the flag's return (and has
pledged his support for it to Mr. Uh Yoon-won).

Thomas