[KS] Re: Samguk sagi -- Russian tranlation.

TIKHONOV VLADIMIR viad at nms.kyunghee.ac.kr
Thu Mar 2 00:11:22 EST 2000

Dear List,
I think I have to make some corrections and additions to the information Dr. Lankov provided on the subject of  Dr. M.Park's Russian Translation of <Samguk Sagi>. First volume ("Silla pon'gi" only) appeared in 1959, with lengthy academic introduction in which basic principles of the academic analysis of  Silla socio-economic history were established. Second volume ("KoguryO pon'gi", "Paekche pon'gi", and "yOnp'o") was published in 1995, but translation itself was carried out by Dr. M.Park mostly in 70th. Very important feature of this volume is the extensive commentaries in which Dr. Park attempted to critically review the source's data on the basis of the comparisons with Chinese and Japanese materials. Then, third and last volume (edited by Dr. park, but translated by his disciples: Drs Volkov, Djarylgasinova, Kontsevich, Mr. Solovyev, and myself) was submitted to the publisher around two weeks ago; we expect it to be out of press in autumn or later. First-hand information!
  on the subject can be found in Mikhail Park's own article on the undertaking of his life, in the forthcoming issue of the <Ssial-ui sori> (in Korean). Everybody interested in <Samguk sagi> translation project can contact Mikhail Park's disciple and secretary, Mrs. Tatyana Simbirtseva, at  auntanya at cityline.ru
With due regards,
Vladimir Tikhonov,
KyungHee University
e-mail: viad at nms.kyunghee.ac.kr