[KS] Re: Korean Funeral Rituals

Charlotte Horlyck c.horlyck at vam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 14 04:57:14 EST 2000

In addition to Kirk Larsen and Janelli Rogers suggestions, there is also a book, which was published in connection with an exhibition of funeral goods, such as coffins, ceramics and metal wares held at the National Folk Museum of Korea.

National Folk Museum of Korea. Hanguk sang chang rae. (Eternal Beauty: Korean Funeral Customs). Seoul: Mijinsa, 1990.

It has several essays in Korean covering various aspects of Korean funeral rites from the Three Kingdoms to the Choson period. It also has a summary in English.

>From Charlotte Horlyck
PhD Candidate
SOAS

>>> InJung Cho <InJung.Cho at arts.monash.edu.au> 03/13 11:50 pm >>>
Dear everybody,

The following message was posted to a Korean BBS at Monash University.
Is there anybody who can help her?

... for my culture class, I have a project on Korean Funeral Rituals. If
anyone has any information on this subject or knows of resources that I
could use, I would greatly appreciate the help! Thanks! Jennifer

InJung Cho
Monash University
Australia