[KS] Re: Q: Korean-American community

Walter K. Lew Lew at HUMnet.UCLA.EDU
Thu Mar 30 15:22:54 EST 2000

Beginning in 1923 and continuing into the late 1930s, an important Korean
American periodical resource that has been somewhat neglected by
researchers is the well-written _Korean Student Bulletin_, edited by both
2nd-generation Korean Americans and yuhaksaeng and published in New York by
the Committee on Friendly Relations Among Foreign Students.  I used it as
an aid to tracking the activities of Korean American intellectuals like
Younghill Kang and visits by Korean artists (Ch'oe SUng-hUi) and
politicians (Syngman Rhee), but it also yields many other types of
information. I know that Columbia and Harvard have it in their collections,
but it shd also be in other prominent university libraries as well.

--Walter K. Lew

Walter K. Lew
11811 Venice Blvd.  #138
Los Angeles, CA  90066