[KS] An Italian translation of Korean Literature

Andrea Campana ancampana at libero.it
Wed May 17 08:43:48 EDT 2000

Dear List members, I would like to have translated
into Italian the novels of the following book:

_Words of Farewell_
Stories by korean women writers
by Kang Sok-kyong, Kim Chi-won and O Chong-hui
Translated by Bruce and Ju-Chan Fulton
1989 Seal press

I am already in contact with an Italian publishing house
which is willing to do that.
The problem seems to be the copyright. A query has been
sent to the US publishing House (Seal Press): NO answer.

As far I Know, the copyright belongs to the three writers from 1989

Three of the novels ("Lullaby" by Kim Chi-won, "A room in the woods"
by Kang Sok-kyong and "Words of Farewell" by O Chong-hui) were
also published by the Korea Times.

Can anyone of you give to me some advice or information on the way
to reach the three writers and how to get the copyright for Italy?

Best Regards

Andrea Campana
University of Siena - Arezzo