[KS] Re: "love" scars ("dragon kisses")

Lauren Deutsch ldeutsch at lalc.k12.ca.us
Wed Nov 8 01:53:22 EST 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

I have seen Korean and Chinese Buddhist monks and nuns with burn scars,
three as maximum. The former on his forearm and the latter on her forehead
behind the hairline. When asked the monk said it these scars (don't believe
they were cigarette burns) said he acquired them one at a time as a mark of
his progress in his vocation.
------------
This message has been sent by
Lauren W. Deutsch

Director
Pacific Rim Arts
835 S. Lucerne Blvd., #103, Los Angeles CA 90005 USA
E Mail ldeutsch at lalc.k12.ca.us
Phone (323) 930-2587

Director of Development
Japanese American Cultural and Community Center
244 S. San Pedro St.
Los Angeles CA 90012
Phone (213) 628-2725
Fax   (213) 617 8576