[KS] RE: Kim and Nobel

llewis llewis at wittenberg.edu
Mon Oct 16 04:23:46 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Jina -

Is there a real question in this posting, or is it just rhetorical?  Are
you
asking if someone on this list knows what "Koreans" are celebrating? or
are
you looking for a poll about how we all evaluate KDJ?  Do you want a
pyschological analysis of KDJ and his motivation(s)?  a deconstruction
of the
Oslo committee's reasoning? or a projection of how late 20th c Korean
political history will be written in 50 yrs?  Or - do you want to know
if some
people on this list really believe that KDJ is indeed "a great man doing
great
work"?  To that question I think the answer is probably "yes".

Linda Lewis