[KS] Re: A disturbing trend

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at iic.edu
Sun Oct 15 13:31:08 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Dear All:

Thanks Dr. John Caruso Jr. for pointing out that the list managers of
this list are comparable to the Dear Leader.

As we have pointed out earlier, moderation is a very problematic
approach ... agreed. But insults or near-insults are not helping either.

I like to point out that what is most likely the largest and most
important academic e-mail discussion list on all Asia -- "H-Asia" --
is also a moderated list:
http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~asia/disclist/h-asia/

I like to invite you to read the list description on above listed Web
site. This is pretty much what we are also trying to do for our Korean
studies list ... and other than our list, that one is even funded --
exactly because it keeps certain standards that we don't keep.

So far today's on-the-spot-guidance.

Frank