[KS] NK constitution

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at rz.hu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 3 13:56:41 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Dear list,

finally, I have found a version of the NK constitution on the web:
http://www.big.or.jp/~bommin/Eng/Eng06.htm

It was not easy. One time I was very close to it - in the Korea Economic
Weekly I have found a hint on a new site by the Beijing-based
Pan-Pacific Economic Development Association of Korean Nationals
(http://www.dprkorea.com). They do have the full text in English, but
want to kind of SELL it (one has to be a member in order to be able to
open the text; fee is 1200 USD p.a.).

In Korean, the full text of the NK constitution (revised April 19, 1992)
can be found at: http://www.kdaily.com/north/law/const.html

BTW, there are 19 other interesting laws on foreign investment, taxation
of foreigners, JV law, foreign currency management etc.

Oh, and I was asked to post the URL of the CIA factbook:
www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos   Just add "kn.html" for
North and "ks.html" for South Korea or go to the country index:
www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/indexgeo.html

Best,

Rudiger
Ruediger FRANK