[KS] Re: Public awareness of homosexuality in South Korea

Lauren Deutsch ldeutsch at lalc.k12.ca.us
Tue Oct 3 03:50:41 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

I recently was shown a new, very graphically striking (as in
well-designed) magazine from Korea "if" which is published for "solo"
women. In it there are a number of the feminist writers who identify
themselves as lesbians. My Korean friend who showed this to me, an
independent but not single woman, said she was distressed that the
stories were so much about harsh life and had little beauty. As it's in
Hangook and I can't read it, I can't comment.)

The histrionics of the coming out process sounds as reported seem as
exaggerated as the individual's need for them. If he's worth saving at
all will be determined by his ability to demonstrate more civility and
calmness than his detractors.

This message has been sent by
Lauren W. Deutsch
Director, Pacific Rim Arts
835 S. Lucerne Blvd., #103, Los Angeles CA 90005 USA
E Mail ldeutsch at lalc.k12.ca.us
Phone (323) 930-2587