[KS] Council for America My Country (CAMC) The White Paper 2000

icas icas at dvol.com
Tue Oct 31 11:55:36 EST 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

October 28, 2000

Dear Colleagues and Friends:

Below is, for your reference, a summary of the CAMC's firsthand
experience (1999-2000) with major local political parties in Montgomery
County (MC), Pennsylvania:

White Paper 2000
http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc/debate/whitepaper.html

All Invited Republican Candidates Dodged [Candidates' Public Debate]
Again
http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc/debate/candidates.html

Letter to Frank R Bartle [Chair, Montgomery County Republican Committee]
http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc/debate/bartle6.html

Candidates' Public Debate 2000
http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc/debate/debate.html

Thank you.

Regards,
Sang Joo Kim
CAMC Chairman

C.: To Whom It May Concern

from: Sang Joo Kim
October 28, 2000

CAMC WHITE PAPER  2000(a)
(a) based on cumulative data of temporally-paired samples (1999-2000)
released 7:30 PM EST October 27, 2000
Candidates' Public Debate for November  2nd General Election 1999
October 26,  1999   7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church Main Sanctuary*
706 Witmer Road, Horsham, PA 19044
*equipped with simultaneous translation

name        	  party 	 	n    response    coi %   nci %

Frank R Bartle    MCRC, chairman  	1    nc		 0.0     100.0
Marcel L Groen    MCDC, chairman  	1    co	       100.0       0.0

MCRC = Montgomery County Republican Committee
MCDC = Montgomery County Democratic Committee

coi % = cooperativity index (%)
nci % = non-cooperativity index (%)

co = cooperative = accepted, answered
nc = non-cooperative = declined, no response

name            party     	n 	co   	nc 	 coi %     nci %
Candidates      democrat       12       12       0     100.0       0.0
Candidates      republican     13        1*     12       7.6      92.3
* Young K Park

Candidates      democrat       12       12       0     100.0       0.0
Candidates      republican     12        0      12**     0.0     100.0
** includes Jim Matthews

Leadership      democrat        1        1       0     100.0       0.0
Leadership      republican      1        0       1       0.0     100.0

Candidates' Public Debate for November 7th General Election 2000
October 27, 2000   7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church Mission Center*
707 Witmer Road, Horsham, PA 19044
*1,100 seating capacity equipped with simultaneous translation

Invitation letter, dated September 19, 2000, to the debate issued to
candidate:

name    		 party 			   response

Lawrence Curry  	 democrat  		   accepted
Karen Friedman   	 democrat  		   accepted
Joseph Hoeffel   	 democrat   		   accepted
Netta Young Hughes  	 democrat   		   accepted
Ron Klink   		 democrat   		   no response
Eileen McCaul   	 democrat   		   accepted #
Jules Mermelstein  	 democrat   		   accepted
David O'Brien   	 democrat   		   accepted
Larry Pfeiffer   	 democrat  		   accepted
Connie Williams  	 democrat   		   accepted
Lynn  H Yeakel   	 democrat   		   accepted

Ken Cavanaugh   	 libertarian   		   accepted
Robert Domske   	 reform     		   no response
John Featherman  	 libertarian   		   accepted
John H Haley   		 libertarian   		   accepted #
Lester Searer   	 constitution   	   no response

Ellen M Bard   		 republican   		   declined
Mary Ann Dailey  	 republican   		   declined
John W Fichter   	 republican   		   declined
Robert W Godshell  	 republican   		   declined
Stewart J Greenleaf  	 republican   		   declined*
Kate Harper   		 republican   		   declined**
Lynne Lechter   	 republican   		   declined
Eugene McGill   	 republican   		   declined
Rick Santorum   	 republican   		   declined
Richard  A Tilghman  	 republican   		   declined
Michael Whisted  	 republican   		   declined

# Pottstown debate
*A letter asking for reconsideration issued, dated September 23, 2000.
	no response
 A letter asking for his biographical sketch issued, dated October 17,
   2000.
	no response
 A temporally-paired letter asking the same issued to Joseph Hoeffel.
	answered
**A letter asking questions issued, dated October 15, 2000.
	no response
  A temporally-paired letter asking the same questions issued to Karen
  Friedman.
	answered
  A 2nd letter asking questions issued, dated October 17, 2000.
	no response
  A temporally-paired letter asking the same questions issued to Karen
  Friedman.
	answered
  A 3rd letter asking questions issued, dated October 18, 2000.
	no response
**A temporally-paired letter asking the same questions issued to Karen
  Friedman.
	answered
  A 4th letter asking questions issued, dated October 18, 2000.
	no response
  A temporally-paired letter asking the same questions issued to Karen
  Friedman
	answered

co = cooperative = accepted, answered
nc = non-cooperative = declined, no response

Letter, dated September 20, 2000, of four queries issued to:

name   			party 			n  	response

Frank R Bartle  	republican, chairman  	1 	co
Marcel L Groen 		democrat, chairman  	1  	co

Letter, dated October 18, 2000, of request for cooperation for
candidates' biographical sketch issued to:

name   			party 			 n  	response

Frank R Bartle  	republican, chairman  	 2  	nc
David Easlea  		libertarian, chairman  	 1 	co
Marcel L Groen 		democrat, chairman 	 2  	co

Cooperativity  Index ( coi %)           Non-cooperativity Index ( nci %)

party       	 n 	 co	   nc        coi%        nci %

Democrat     	18  	 17   	    1        94.4   	 5.6
Libertarian      4    	  4   	    0       100.0  	 0.0
Republican      20        1        19         5.0	95.0
               ---      ---       ---       -----      -----
                42       22        20        52.3       47.6

Democrat        18       17         1        94.4        5.6
Republican      20        1        19         5.0       95.0
               ---      ---       ---        ----       ----
                38       18        20        47.3       52.6

U. S.  Congressional District 13th, Montgomery County, PA

name           			  n 	co 	nc    coi %      nci %

Ken Cavanaugh (libertarian)   	  4 	4 	0     100.0        0.0
Stewart J Greenleaf (republican)  9     0       9       0.0      100.0
Joseph Hoeffel  (democrat)        9     9       0     100.0        0.0

Pennsylvania State Representative District 61st, Montgomery County, PA

name        		      n      co      nc      coi %       nci %

Karen Friedman (democrat)    10      10       0      100.0         0.0
Kate Harper (republican)***  10       0      10        0.0       100.0
*** endorsed by Im Ja P Choi

Koreans Divided(b)

name   			        n  	co	nc	 coi %   nci %

Joseph Hoeffel    (democrat)    1 	1        0       100.0     0.0
Stewart Greenleaf (republican)  3       0        3         0.0   100.0

(b) based on the invitation letter, dated March 21, 2000, to speak at
the CAMC Seminar on April 3rd, to David S Kim (democrat) and George
Choe (republican), respectively.  Two additional letters issued to Choe
to reconsider.  Kim gave a speech on "The Democratic Values that I
Subscribe to" and Barbara Dietrich, then president of LWV Philadelphia,
presented a paper, Citizen's Voice: One Vote At A Time. Choe was asked
three times to give a speech on "The Republican Values that I Subscribe
to" and he declined.

October  28, 2000

FRANK  R  BARTLE
Chairman / PA Montgomery County Republican Committee (MCRC)
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

	All Invited Republican Candidates Dodged Again
	Candidates' Public Debate for November 7th General Election
	October 27, 2000  7:30 PM - 10:00 PM
	Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church Mission Center*
	706 Witmer Road, Horsham, PA 19044  (215) 542-0288
	*1,100 seating capacity equipped with simultaneous translation

Dear  Frank:

This is to share with you that the referenced programme went well last
night.  It would have been better if you and your republican candidates
had participated in the process.

As you know we diligently endeavoured to work with you, your committee,
its leadership and the party candidates.  The rejection, two years in a
row, by you and those republican candidates to hear us and represent us
constitutes hallmarks of a deliberate corporate act of sabotaging the
scheduled occasion and a willful corporate act of attacking us.
Moreover, the instant case strongly indicates an incontrovertible
likelihood of the command or/and will/wish of the top brass of your
committee.  We feel harmed.  We feel denigrated.  And, we feel insulted
and prejudiced in dignity and injured.   What, then, is the remedy?

We are an immigrant ethnic minority group, part of the great American
mosaic and diversity, seeking an opportunity to make a contribution
and difference to this nation that we call our country.  We aspire,
therefore, to uphold the great principles shaping America including
those time-honoured Republican values as we are beneficiaries of the
blessings of the heritage of this land.

Hence, we respectfully submit to you to determine whether such a
deliberate corporate act of sabotaging our embryonic level of democracy-
learning exercise is consistent with the professed Republican credos.
Indeed, doesn't it appear that the acts that you and those candidates
committed are so un-American let alone un-Republican?

Sincerely,

Sang Joo Kim / signed
Chairman
Council for America My Country (CAMC)

enclosures: CAMC White Paper 2000

C.: To whom It may Concern

VOTE on November 7, 2000!   VOTE!    VOTE!    VOTE!    VOTE!    VOTE!

Register to Vote!      Vote to Voice!      Voice and Empower!

Public Education Builds A Stronger Community.
The Korean-American Community (KAC) Is An Integral Part of America.

CAMC is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan, civic and educational
organisation.  It promotes ways to enhance good citizenship and its
practice.   It is solely supported by voluntary contributions.   CAMC
strives to provide public service pro bono publico.  All staff members
are non-paid volunteers.  Further on CAMC and its activities may be
found on http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc.

CAMC staff:

Jerry Boucher              Director for Systems Management
Steve S. Choi              Deputy Director for Voter Registration
Mary Etezady               Advisor
Don Kim                    Secretary
Il Hwan Kim                Director for Outreach
Sang Joo Kim               Chairman
Tae Shik Kwon              Deputy Director for Community Relations
Jae Jin Ma                 Treasurer
Willie Pai                 Deputy Secretary
Choon Ki Yoo               Deputy Director for Outreach
Ae Sook Yoon               Director for Ageing & Elder Care
Il Joong Yoon              Director for Voter Registration

CAMC contact:

965 Clover Court, Blue Bell, PA 19422
T: (610) 277 - 9989      T: (610) 277 - 0149     F: (610) 277 - 3992
E: camc at dvol.com         http://www.dvol.com/~users/camc