[KS] Re: Moderated classroom

이상억 sangoak at snu.ac.kr
Sun Oct 1 23:12:38 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Dear Rob and Mark,

My full agreement and support to your words.

A la Gresham's Law -- bad topic chases out good; in our case poorly
thought-out discussion such as 'dogs and cats', and others have chased
out some really needed issue such as 'romanization'. I know many of you
were sick of this debate but in the last spring WE had to build up a
strong voice. I deeply regret  'Korean-studies' did not properly respond
to my messages to turn the tide.

It is too late even to lament over the present chaotic situation. Both
'kimchi' and 'gimchi' should compete each other in their international
arena although 'kimuchi' is fortunately knocked out. In 'P'yOngyang' or
'Pyeongyang' at least a World-Cup game will be held with all differently
romanized names on Korean players' back.

Best,

Sang-Oak (Lee)