[KS] Re: KSR 2000-10: _Spirit of the Mountains: Korea's SAN-SHIN

Henny Savenije adam&eve at henny-savenije.demon.nl
Mon Sep 25 08:52:57 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

At 08:01 PM 9/24/00, David Mason wrote:
>REPLY sends your message to the whole list
>
> > _Spirit of the Mountains: Korea's SAN-SHIN and
> > Traditions of Mountain Worship_, by David A. Mason.
> >Seoul, Hollym Co.1999. 224 pages. ISBN:1-56591-107-5
> > Reviewed by Henny Savenije
>
>This continues on into the realm of truly bizzare statements.  Mr.
>Savenije, take another look at this book -- do you not SEE all those
>little numbers in the text?  Tiny numbers, elevated, most often at the end
>of a sentence?  There are 313 of them, perhaps averaging one per paragraph
>throughout the book.  Mr. Savenije, WHAT do you suppose that those little
>numbers ARE???

I have to make an apology here. The numbers are indeed there, but they are
so small that I mistook them for quotation marks. They are indeed not
bigger than those quotation marks. I also (and didn't mention) was
wondering where the notes referred to, since I couldn't place them. I am
really sorry, but if I need to use a magnifying glass to find the numbers
(or glasses, and maybe I do need them, since at night it becomes more
difficult to read the small letters) but again, they are not bigger than
"quotation marks" do I have to take this " for 11 or quotation marks?

I read the book three times and obviously I didn't see them three times.

Henny (Lee Hae Kang)
-----------------------------

Feel free to discover Korea with Hendrick Hamel (1653-1666)
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl (in English)
In Korean
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/indexk2.htm
In Dutch
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/Dutch
Frits Vos Article about Witsen and Eibokken and his first Korean-Dutch
dictionary
http://www.henny-savenije.demon.nl/FritsVos
Korea through Western Cartographic eyes
http://www.crosswinds.net/~hennysavenije/ (in English)