[KS] Hun (2) vs Hun (3)

sunwukong sunwukong at hananet.net
Sat Sep 9 18:39:42 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

Keep in mind that Hun (2nd tone, Mathews 2366) and Hun (3rd tone,
Mathews 2371) are used interchangably.  I did not find the term Hun
Hsueh in Morohashi using either the 2nd or 3rd tone Hun's.  In that
Morohashi had Hun Hsueh Er, the tern Hun Hsueh was probably in use in
China.  You bring up an interesint point.  I wonder how many Japanese
and Korean terms found their way back into Chinese.  This would be an
interesting study.

Nelsons list Kon Ketsu 2604/F1127 p. 557.

Kon Ketsu (Hun Hsueh) racial misture
KonKetsuji (Hun Hsuh Er) half-breed, mulatto, Euroasian.