[KS] Re: Olympic Partners?

togilsaram at gmx.net togilsaram at gmx.net
Sun Sep 24 02:09:42 EDT 2000

REPLY sends your message to the whole list

> I'm very surprised by the topic all together.  Isn't it simply to be
> expected that whatever country you're in, you're most likely to get TV
> broadcastings of that country's athletes?  At least this has been my
> experience watching the Olympics in the U.S., Canada, Germany, and, yet,

Although I do agree, this topic is a little bit blown up (anyone really
interested in watching non-Korean events can still find someplace that has
cable and get NHK (BS1/2), CNN, etc.), I would contest this is the same in
Germany. Although the commenting is definately mostly about German performances,
German tv shows also the matches with no German participitants at all.

To get back to more Korean topics, I was quite surprised by the fact that,
although the All-Korea team entered the Olympics together at the opening
ceremony, they do not compete as one team (as the two Germanies did until
'68). Was that not at all on the agenda, or did they try, but could not reach an
agreement?
--
Regards,
Falco-Ramin Javazi