[KS] Translation query

Brother Anthony anthony at ccs.sogang.ac.kr
Thu Feb 28 00:56:41 EST 2002

I have been asked if anyone is working on translations of works by Jeong Gyeong-nin. The answer
is that I have no idea (apart from what was published in Korean Litertaure Today)and the only
way I can try to find out is to ask my learned colleagues through this list. Replies might best
be sent to me privately.

In only vague connection with this query, I would be very grateful for any helpful comments on
the current and prospective future international use of the "new" romanization system, having
recently become involved with helping prepare a book in English designed for overseas use which
writes all the names of 20th-century Korean writers in the new way. Should I be preparing to
publish volumes of work by Go Eun rather than Ko Un?

Please note, I am not asking what people think of the system but whether it is being adopted
seriously outside of Korea.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul