[KS] Korean Position at SUNY Binghamton

Sungdai Cho sundy at binghamton.edu
Sat Jul 13 12:46:25 EDT 2002

Would you please spread out the following ad.?  Thanks.

Sundy

KOREAN LITERATURE & LANGUAGE

The Department of German, Russian and East Asian Languages at SUNY at
Binghamton invites applications for a tenure-track position in Korean
Literature and Language at the Assistant Professor level, beginning
September 1, 2003.  We are looking for an expert in Korean literature
with some experience in teaching courses in translation as well as in
Hangul.  The scholar to be appointed should be interested in working
with heritage students in advanced language/culture courses, but
should also welcome working with general education students and
possibly  graduate students in comparative literature. A joint title
with Comparative Literature is a possibility, an affiliation with our
flourishing program in Asian and Asian American Studies is assumed.
Please send  a letter of  application including CV, three letters of
recommendation, a writing sample, and brief statement of research
interest with a list of courses that you would be interested in
teaching or have taught in the past, by October 15th, Chair, Korean
Search Committee, Department of German, Russian and East Asian
Languages, SUNY at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY 13902-6000.  SUNY at
Binghamton is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.