[KS] Gwageo cheongsan (Kwageon ch'eongsan)

Mark Peterson Mark_Peterson at byu.edu
Wed Sep 11 18:51:21 EDT 2002

David and Kichung, and others.

The term ch'øngsan has to be coincidental, doesn't it?  To the
discussion that we are having?  Coincidence.  Ch'øngsan also means
Korea, at least ch'ønggu does, and one common interpretation of the
sijo is that Jade Green stream is flowing through Korea, not just any
blue/green hills.

Could she, as a master of puns, thought of ch'øngsan as a double
meaning for the hills/Korea and setting things straight between her
and Pyøkkye?  I doubt it.  But maybe.  Fascinating idea.  Maybe not
just a coincidence.

And thanks for tying the concept of "pausing a while before we hurry
on" to this somber day today.

best,
Mark