[KS] Showing of "Wet Sands: Voices from LA Ten Years Later" ...

Dennis Hart DHART at stark.kent.edu
Wed Aug 6 09:17:49 EDT 2003

Dear List Members,

I am posting some information for those of you who will be
attending the annual meeting of American Sociological Association
in Atlanta, GA, August 16-19, 2003, or will happen to be in the
vicinity. Please make sure to go the screening of "Wet Sand
Voices from LA Ten Years Later," by Dr. Daisil Kim Gibson.

This film deals with the issues of racism and racial relationships in
the US, especially  black-Korean relationships, 10 years after the
LA riots.  This movie has appeared at an international film festive
and at Kent State University last April. I was in attendence at the
latter event and assure you the movie was extremely well-received.
It made an enormous impact on students and faculty alike.  I
strongly recommend this film for relevant courses as well.

If you wish to find more information on this screening, please see
the conference program or the on-line program at
http://www/asanet.org/

Thank you very much,

Dennis Hart
Associate Professor