[KS] minjung movement

David Mason mntnwolf at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 01:32:32 EDT 2003

Well, I don't know if he could be considered part
of any "minjung movement", but for the part about
> the role of culture or the invention/rediscovery
> of traditions (i.e. shamanism, rural communitar-
> ianism) in countering the state nationalism (with
> a populist nationalism)

you might check out the career of the late Zo Zayong
who started an "Old Village Movement" featuring a
modernized rural-community Shamanism, explicitly to
counteract the ill effects of Park's New Village
Movement.  An introduction to Zo may be found on my
web-site, starting at:
 http://san-shin.org/Zo-01.html

Sincerely,
David A. Mason