[KS] Re: Wikipedia and Korea

acmuller at gol.com acmuller at gol.com
Mon Aug 18 13:19:39 EDT 2003

It was written earlier:

>>There is an online encyclopedia called Wikipedia.  It is an open source
>>project and anyone can submit >an entry or modify an existing one.  The
URL
>>for it is:
>>
>>http://www.wikipedia.com

This is not to voice opposition to contributing to Wikipedia (actually, I
have added a few things on Korean Buddhism), but would-be contributors
should be aware that anything you add can be deleted, cut, pasted, and
changed by anyone in the world who feels like it. I have already seen this
happen to a couple of things that I spent a bit of time on. The changes
were done by persons obviously possessing no academic background at all.
This has discouraged me considerably from making further efforts.

Chuck

Charles Muller <acmuller at gol.com>
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism: www.acmuller.net