[KS] More on Hananim

Lauren Deutsch lwdeutsch at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 13 22:44:20 EST 2003

I'm sorry not to have read this string earlier. The late Dr. Zo Zayong built
a shrine to the tripartite spirit in his Samshin Haegwan (pardon my terrible
transliteration) near Songrisan. I interviewed him about it, and he said
that Hananim unifies heaven (HanUl), earth (Han Wul) and man (Hanil). "Each
is incomplete with out the other, " he said. He wrote and self-published
several books (in Korean) on his theories about indigenous Korean beliefs
and practices, especially around the "three-ness" which he said over and
over again was unique to Korean philosophy.  Also, Mansin Kim Kumhwa offers
prayers to Hwanungnim as part of her pantheon, and she is very attentive to
Tangun Haraboji .

I offer this as tiny pieces of a no doubt complex puzzle which I know will
reveal a beautiful image when complete.

 How do I access this string from the beginning?

Lauren Deutsch