[KS] 500 Won in 1911?

Eamon Adams eamon_ad at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 01:07:37 EST 2003

Dear List Members,
                  I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed a little
light upon a question of 'money'? Looking through the Temple Regulations of
1911 instituted by the Japanese Governor general's office article 6 speaks
of a fine of up to 500 Won for a failure to keep the regulations. My
question, in today's currency what might the relative value of 500 Won be?
Just trying to get a feeling for the level of punishment being dished out to
the poor old monk.

                        Regards,
                                Eamon Adams

Eamon_ad at hotmail.com