[KS] A chopsticks question

lawrence driscoll lawdri at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 14:05:28 EST 2003

Mr. Rector's words about Koreans and their metallurgical skills are a
reminder that Japan's early forays into the peninsular were motivated by a
desire for the iron available within the Chinhan territory and elsewhere.
One other factor that also comes to mind is that the delicate metal
chopsticks used by Koreans are not really suitable for any rice but the very
glutinous kind found in Korea and Japan. I think those dining in China might
find the Korean chopsticks, and the slender Japanese lacquered chopsticks, a
problem for eating a fluffier sort of rice.
Best regards,
Lawrence Driscoll