[KS] [q] traditional medicine cabinet

em223 at cornell.edu em223 at cornell.edu
Fri Feb 21 11:14:37 EST 2003

Dear list memebers,

I know that my question is not well framed, but hope
that someone might help me with this.

I'm currently looking into the dispute between
pharmacists and oriental medical doctors in 1993 in
SOuth Korea. As part of that project, I'm interested in
a 'traditional herb medicine cabinet (Han-Yak-Jang)'.
Is there anything special about this cabinet other than
storing herbals? I've noticed that chinese letters are
inscribed on each drawer, which may indicate a specific
herbal or else? Could anyone refer me to some
referances or people concerning the cabinet? THanks a
lot.

Best,
EunJeong Ma
email:temp2st at hanmail.net