[KS] Hello (general advice)

Gabriel Bell gabrielbell at hotpop.com
Mon Feb 24 21:38:10 EST 2003

Hello,

I'm new to the field and am pursuing my studies independently of at
University. I am currently living on the peninsula and am seeking a
greater foundation in scholarly work concerning the history (and to a
lesser degree, language and culture). My Korean is not yet to the point
that I can study texts in the language, though I hope to get there
someday. :)

I am curious if anyone may be so kind as to send me a syllabus for any
courses you may have taken in Eastern Studies (specifically Korea) that
you found the texts particularly helpful. I can get virtually any book
here, but I'm working in relative isolation. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Feel free to respond off of the list if you wish.

Gabriel Bell