[KS] Paper by Shin Gi-Wook

R Baker rbaker at stratfor.com
Tue Jul 15 13:13:54 EDT 2003

Try http://iis-db.stanford.edu/pubs/20125/Shin.pdf

      The Paradox of Korean Globalization
      Asia/Pacific Research Center - A/PARC Working Paper

      Authors
      Gi-Wook Shin

      Published by
      A/PARC,  January 2003

      Description
      This chapter first offers a theoretical framework to explain
coexistence of nationalism and globalization by considering two interrelated
processes: 1) nationalist appropriation of globalization and 2)
intensification of ethnic identity in reaction to globalization process. It
then presents empirical evidence to demonstrate how these processes have
worked in Korean globalization at both official and popular levels.

Rodger Baker
Senior Analyst
Director of Special Operations

Stratfor
Predictive, Insightful Global Intelligence

512.744.4312 phone
512.744.4334 fax
rbaker at stratfor.com