[KS] failed Koreanists

michael ralston mkr_lists at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 23:28:06 EDT 2003

Dear Professor Walraven,

   A good outline of the langauge levels can be found
at:  http://www.utm.edu/~globeg/ilrhome.shtml

(The actual scale is at the bottom, just past the
"Further Reading" section).

   I belive the DLI Basic Korean course is 63 weeks
long and the goal is turning out 2/2 (level two in
listening and reading).  The DLI intermediate course
is 48 weeks long and I think shoots for a 2+/2+ in
listening and reading.  That's meeting five days a
week (minus holidays) for six(?) hours a day.

  Hope the helps.  mike ralston.

--- "Walraven, B.C.A."