[KS] Translation Studies, Korean to English--does it exist?

Baker Don ubcdbaker at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 00:57:57 EDT 2003

The University of British Columbia is not in the US, but it is only about a
30 minute drive from the border. And we speak English, eh. Moreover, we
have a professor of Korean Literature and Literary Translation, Bruce
Fulton. Professor Fulton, Ross King, and I are all interested in issues of
translation, and for Professor Fulton that it is
his primary professional interest. So UBC might be a place to look for
graduate work in Korean literature and translation.

Don Baker
Associate Professor, Department of Asian Studies
Director, Centre for Korean Research
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada V6T 1Z2
dbaker at interchange.ubc.ca

>From: "zachary rodecap" <aly_osha at hotmail.com>
>To: Koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
>Subject: [KS] Translation Studies, Korean to English--does it exist?
>Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:17:52 -0500
>
>Are there any graduate programs in the US that offer an MA in
>Translation/Interpretation Studies with a focus on Korean?  (Finding
>Translation studies programs with Japanese/Chinese focuses isn't a
>problem.)  If no such programs exist, how might one go about
>formally learning Translation and Korean?  Any suggestions would be
>very welcome.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Zack

도처에 도사리는 재해의 위험들. AIG의 무료보험으로 해결하세요.