[KS] Administrative matter

Robert Provine provine at umd.edu
Sun Nov 9 11:35:40 EST 2003

Dear Korean Studies list:

In the last week, we discovered that a great many subscribers (over 50%) to
the Korean Studies internet discussion list had somehow been converted to
"nomail", which means that list messages would not be sent to them.  The cause
of this circumstance and how long it was occurring are not yet known, and we
apologize for any inconvenience that has resulted.

Two points:

1) Since we can't tell which subscribers had intentionally set their accounts
to "nomail" and which had been set to "nomail" through the technical problem,
we have now changed everyone to active status.  Anyone who specifically wishes
to be on "nomail" status is asked to visit the administrative site at
http://koreaweb.ws/mailman/options/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws and reset their
options.

2) If you would like to see the messages that you might have missed during
this technical difficulty, please visit the list archives at
http://koreaweb.ws/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws/.

Again, our apologies for the problems -

Moderators