[KS] call for English translations of North Korean poems

SusanKKim at cs.com SusanKKim at cs.com
Tue Sep 16 14:00:10 EDT 2003

Dear Korean Studies Listserv,

There's a new online magazine for contemporary literature in translation,
Words Without Borders (www.wordswithoutborders.org).  The launch reading is next
Tuesday, September 23 in New York City,  featuring works from the so-called
"Axis of Evil."

Alane Mason,  a senior editor at Norton and the founder of Words without
Borders,  has asked me to read an excerpt from Stephen Epstein's translation of
the North Korean short story by Han Ung-bin,  "Hopes for Good Fortune."
However,  she's eager to include translations of North Korean poems in the event.  So
if anyone on the listserv has any and is interested in having me read them at
the event,  please forward them as soon as you can.

Thank you,
Suji Kwock Kim