[KS] Jong-il Personality Cult

Chris Springer springer at hiddenhistory.info
Fri Sep 19 09:34:10 EDT 2003

>1. Can anyone provide me with anecdotes that they have >read
about or heard about over the years attesting to >Jong-il's intellectual,
moral and physical prowess -- as >his flunkies have it? Is there
a web site or article that >lists them?

>2. Fredonia Press in the U.S. offers a book called "The >Great
Teacher of Journalists," by or about Jong-il. .... >Has anyone
read the book? Does anyone know Fredonia's >background?

>Victor Fic
>Seoul

One notable anecdote given to visitors to the captured US ship
Pueblo, docked in Pyongyang: Kim Jong Il crafted the DPRK's Pueblo
policy, namely that the crew should be released in exchange for
a US apology and that the ship should be kept as a war trophy.
(He was 26 at the time.)

For other lofty achievements by the Dear Leader, see "Great Man
Kim Jong Il" (Pyongyang) and "Modern Korea and Kim Jong Il" (Tokyo,
1984, by a pro-DPRK source).

"Great Teacher of Journalists" was originally published in Pyongyang
in 1983. In this collection of anecdotes, Kim Jong Il instructs
journalists how to give his dad better coverage - e.g. photographers
should not approach Kim Il Sung too closely; reporters covering
a Kim Il Sung appearance should never let their attention stray.
At times Kim Jong Il even steps in and takes over - writing stories,
laying out photos, choosing typefaces.

Myself, I'd like to hear from anyone who can tell me where to
find Kim Jong Il's book "Theory of Architectural Art," or who
has read it and can share its nuggets of wisdom.

Chris Springer
www.hiddenhistory.info