[KS] Koguryo part of China?

유게리 Gary Rector/Yu gary at korealore.com
Fri Jan 9 22:02:09 EST 2004

Yes, I agree totally that those works have to be read with caution.
They do, nevertheless, provide some evidence that we can't simply
go along with the widely accepted notion that the language of Koguryo
was not closely related to that of Silla. Much more research needs
to be done on how idu might have been read in those early times.
It's also possible that there are more bits of the Baekje language
here and there in the old Japanese histories than has been commonly
thought so far. They should be linguistically researched with that
possibility in mind.

Gary Rector