[KS] Korean Borders

sumnom at u.washington.edu sumnom at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 24 01:38:24 EST 2004

If you haven't already, you might want to look at Chapter 6 of Andre Schmid's book Korea Between Empires. There you will find an interesting discussion of Sino-Korean border issues as well as useful references. Mary Wirght's 1958 article in the Journal of Asian Studies (17: 363-381) also has some material on border issues between the Qing, Russia, and Korea in the mid- to late-19th century.

Joshua Van Lieu