[KS] new issue of Acta Korea (vol. 7 nr. 2, 2004)

SEM VERMEERSCH sem.ver at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 12 21:59:44 EDT 2004

Dear list members,

The new issue of Acta Koreana, published by Academia Koreana of Keimyung university, is out! It contains three articles on the theme of Kaesong, capital of the Koryo dynasty, as well as an article on Buddhism and one on the digitalization of Korea. Furthermore there are our regular features, literature in translation and an interview - see below for the detailed list of contents.

Please note that our journal can now be ordered through Seoul Selection, please visit their website at www.seoulselection.com and go to books and then Korean Studies. Subscriptions will also be handled by them starting with the next issue, 8-1. Information on ordering the latest issue should be put on their website soon, for further information on orders contact Seoul Selection at fran at seoulselection.com. It is now also possible to pay by credit card, which makes it much easier to order.

Sem Vermeersch                                                                   managing editor (send e-mails to acta at kmu.ac.kr)

ARTICLES

Sem Vermeersch. Buddhism at the Center: The Temples of Kaes#335;ng and Their Socio-political Role

Sonja Häußler. Kaes#335;ng from the Perspective of Chos#335;n Dynasty Intellectuals

Remco E. Breuker. History with a Capital H: Kaes#335;ng’s Forgotten Claim to Capital History

James H. Grayson. Digging Up Buddhism: Tales Affirming the Antiquity of Buddhism in the Samguk yusa

Hye-Soon Kim. A Sociological Analysis of the 2002 Digital Formation of South Korea

LITERATURE IN TRANSLATION

Don Mee Choi, translator. Misty Rain, Departing Rain (Kan#365;n pi, is#365;lbi) by Pak Wan-s#335;

Tschung-Sun Kim, translator. My Song: Poems by Sin S#335;k-ch#335;ng (1907–1974)

INTERVIEW

Bruce Fulton. A Conversation with Susan Choi

6 BOOK REVIEWS