[KS] An old book about Korea

Mark Arlen Peterson map3 at email.byu.edu
Thu Jul 29 22:17:23 EDT 2004

I think your mystery book is an early anthropological work by one Cornelius
Osgood,
titled The Koreans and their Culture -- or something like that.  Osgood did his
field
study right after the Korean War and then moved on to other areas and did not
work
in Korea thereafter.  It's a class work, predating Vin Brandt's A Korea Village,
Between
Farm and Sea, and even Richard Rutt's Korean Works and Days -- though not by an
anthropologist, still very ethnographic.

There ought to be a copy around in a university library there, probably at
Sogang!

best,
Mark Peterson

> Many years ago, before arriving here, I read a book about Korea (in English)
published early in the 20th