[KS] Late 19-Century Seoul HojOk

Todd Henry htodd98 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:56:36 EST 2004

Mr. Park,

>From what I remember of Yoshida (Mitsuo)'s work and what a quick check with
a Tokyo University-based database confirmed is that the extant, late 19th
and early 20th century census records for Seoul are housed at Kyoto
University (Faculty of Letters library, geography section).  The record came
up as "Kankoku Hoseki Seisatsu" (in Japanese).  For some reason, I could not
find the record on the Kyoto University library database (as you may know,
some older records have not been computerized at Japanese libraries).  See
the following link for details (sub-record numbers 104-64).

http://www.ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~harada/cgi-bin/kdbdetail.cgi?15805

I hope this helps.

Best regares,

Todd A. Henry
PhD Candidate in Modern Japanese and Korean History, UCLA
Mikami Foundation/Fulbright Graduate Research Fellow
Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University, Japan