[KS] Committee on Korean Studies planned web-site

Hyung I. Pai hyungpai at eastasian.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 11 07:16:33 EDT 2004

Dear Members,
I am writing to ask the list members for their input and suggestions concerning
the design, contents, and potential information you would like to see on the
Committee on Korean Studies official Website. I published an essay in the last
newsletter from the Center of Korean Studies at the University of Hawaii
expressing my concerns on the state of the field and the lack of applicants for
the NEAC and Korea foundation grants.
 Currently, the CKS website is under construction under my supervision (though I
am no longer the chair). Right now we have information on the current CKS
members, information on grants and resources and our June 04 workshop data from
regarding the past three years of the job market advertised in the AAS
newsletter, language teaching situation at UC Schools, and links to the major
Centers for Korean Studies.
I am looking for more exciting and pertinent contents that graduate students,
faculty and active Koreanists would like to read about. Please email me
suggestions. Even though my email will bounce back since I am on research leave
in Japan, I will get back to you and forward all suggestions to our graduate
student designer. I look forward to your suggestions. We are targetting the
site to be up and running before the next AAS so that we can also include all
the Korea panels that people can look forward to.