[KS] Korean Studies in Oxford

Ken Wells kwells at coombs.anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 13 22:25:03 EDT 2005

There might be some inconsistency in applying it at times, but it was
my understanding that the KF did indeed work on the principle that any
large-scale funding of Korean programs and especially of academic
positions in universities abroad must be met by these universities with
matching funds or a commitment to take on financial responsibility for
the program/position within an agreed number of years.  Obviously I
have no idea what conditions have been attached in all cases, but in
those with which I have some familiarity I'm aware that this principle
has been quite explicit .

Ken Wells
Australian National University