[KS] seok

Dr Eckart Dege dege at geographie.uni-kiel.de
Fri Apr 22 13:28:18 EDT 2005

Dear Dr. Cwiertka.

You can find a table giving the metric, British and U.S. equivalents of
Korean units of weight and measure (length, area, capacity and weight)
at the end of the older issues of the Korea Statistical Yearbook (the
newer issues don't have this table any more). In the 1991 edition of the
Korea Statistical Yearbook you still find this table. Here 1 seok is
given as 180.39 liter, or 1 liter as 0.0055435 seok. The larger units
are du (= 10 seok), seung (= 100 seok) and hob (= 1000 seok).

All the best,
Eckart Dege

--
Prof. Dr. Eckart Dege