[KS] Welcome to Dongmakgol, with English subtitles

"DoHyun" ecclehan at aks.ac.kr
Thu Dec 1 11:14:52 EST 2005

Dear colleagues,

The Academy of Korean Studies plans to hold an international conference on Cilivzation and Peace from December 5 to 7, 2005. As part of this form, on Dec 6, a movie showing is prepared: Welcome to Dongmakgol. This movie is the most popular one in 2005 in Korea. For international audience, English subtitles are provided. Director Park Kwang-Hyun will be with us. He will give a short speech for the audience. In addition, The Academy of Korean Studies will hold 2005 JangSeoGak Special Exhibition: Royal Women of the Chosun Dynasty, from Dec 2 to 10, 2005. International participants of the Forum will be cordially invited to the post-conference tour at CheonggyeCheon, a gentrified place, and a combination of tradition and modernity.
Please vist us at: http://dialogue.aks.ac.kr/english

This forum is sponsored by the Committee on the 60th Anniversary of Korean Liberation. In this conference, we will have sessions: Global Leaders' Address, Debaes on Bioethics, Asian Traditions and New Humanity, Peace after the Cold War, Dialogue among civilizations after September 11, Truth and Reconciliation in East Asia, etc. We have invited former president Kim Dae-Jung, former president von Weizsaecker. And about forty distinguished scholars join this conference as either paper presenters or discussants. If you are in Korea from December 5 to 7, 2005, I cordially invite you to this forum.

Best regards,
Do Hyun