[KS] A good Web site in English or Korean that explains Korean theatrical traditions?

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 16:06:59 EST 2005

I'm forwarding, if I may, a query from Sarah Jackson-Han
at Radio Free Asia. In her own words:

Can you recommend a good Web site in English or Korean
that explains Korean theatrical traditions?
I'd like to add some good background links to our story
on the North Korean-gulag-musical.

The story in question can be read in English at
http://www.rfa.org/english/news/arts/2005/11/23/nkorea_musical/
plus there is an interview in Korean with the director at
http://www.rfa.org/korean/simcheongbodo/2005/11/09/jung_sung_san_nk_defector_p
roduce_musical/

As this suggests, RFA is an interesting source of materials on North Korea
- and much else besides: China, Tibet, Burma and more.

Sarah's contact details are below. In the interests of true communism,
I hope people will reply both collectively to the popular masses on this
List,
and also copy in:

Sarah Jackson-Han
Communications Director
Radio Free Asia (RFA)
jacksonhans at rfa.org
202 530 7774 direct/202 9o7 4613 mobile
www.rfa.org

best wishes
Aidan FC

AIDAN FOSTER-CARTER
Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology & Modern Korea, Leeds University

Home address: 17 Birklands Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3BY, UK
tel: +44(0)  1274  588586         (alt) +44(0) 1264 737634          mobile:
+44(0)  7970  741307
fax: +44(0)  1274  773663         ISDN:   +44(0)   1274 589280
Email: afostercarter at aol.com     (alt) afostercarter at yahoo.com      website:
www.aidanfc.net
[Please use @aol; but if any problems, please try @yahoo too - and let me
know, so I can chide AOL]