[KS] Rags-to-riches in Korean literature?

Lauren W. Deutsch lwdeutsch at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 13:00:21 EST 2005

I couldn't help make the associaton of this string with the "Random Acts of Kindness" "movement" begun in the USA (Berkeley / San Francisco). The phenomenon was actually an inspiration of Anne Herbert, a writer for "The Whole Earth Review", coined the phrased "random kindness and senseless acts of beauty." Generally, these were surprise acts that people performed for others with no apparent reason for the act but the kindness in their hearts. In the USA one can still see bumper stickers with this phrase on them. The sentiment has socio-political (definitely not economic) currency within the middle, progressively liberal milieu. Perhaps I should have curbed my enthusiasm in contributing this.

In any event, grab hold on the turnning of the seasons and let fly all magic therein.

Lauren Deutsch