[KS] Korea Study Days 2005 in Vienna

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Tue Jan 18 05:37:37 EST 2005

Dear colleagues,

as announced some time ago, the University of Vienna plans to continue a
tradition originally established at Humboldt University in Berlin. Once a
year, German-speaking scholars working on Korea met for an exchange of
ideas, to present their ongoing research, and to consolidate professional
and personal relations. The meetings, called Korea Study Days
(Koreawissenschaftliche Tage), were of a very informal character, allowing
for a kind of academic dialogue that is difficult to establish at a major
conference.

The first Korea Study Days at the University of Vienna will be held on
November 25th and 26th, 2005, at the East Asian Institute. The organizers
are Ruediger Frank, Professor of East Asian Political Economy, and Rainer
Dormels, Professor of Koreanology. As in Berlin, participants are asked to
make all necessary arrangements for travel and accommodation themselves.
There is no funding available, although we plan to apply for some financial
support for meals etc.

The language of the meeting will be German. Our targeted audience are
colleagues from Austria, Germany and Switzerland, but all other
German-speaking colleagues wishing to participate are more than welcome.

If you are interested, please send a note to Ms. Choi
(koreanologie.ostasien at univie.ac.at), indicating if you wish to make a
presentation and, if so, including the title of your paper. The deadline
for registration is July 1st, 2005.

I am hoping to hear from you soon and look forward to meeting you in Vienna.

Best regards,

Ruediger Frank

*************
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ruediger Frank
East Asian Political Economy
University of Vienna, East Asian Institute
AAKH Campus, Hof 5.4, Spitalgasse 2-4
1090 Vienna, Austria
Phone: 	+43-(0)1-4277 43822
Fax: 		+43-(0)1-4277 9438