[KS] gender in 20C korea

Robert Oppenheim rmo at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 18 15:57:57 EST 2005

Dear Ji-Yeon (and all),

Several of the ethnographies of middle-class life (Lett's In Pursuit of
Status, Nelson's Measured Excess) present interesting perspectives on
contemporary gender and its historical transformations.  I taught them both
(in dialogue) last term and found students really responded well.  (Of
course, that is in addition to the other fine books on your list...)

Rob Oppenheim

Department of Asian Studies
1 University Station G9300
Austin, TX 78712