[KS] Committee on Korean Studies website announcement

Pai hyungil hyungpai at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Mar 1 07:23:20 EST 2005

Dear list members,
I am writing to announce the official opening of the
Committee of Korean Studies (CKS) website. The CKS is the
executive committee under the auspices of the Association
of Asian Studies. Though, it was founded in 1968, very few
Koreanists or Asianists are aware of the very important
administrative, grant giving, and academic leadership role
it has played over the last thirty years in North America.
Korean Studies has grown exponentially over the last
twenty years in terms of the number of university
programs, research centers, faculty positions,
international conferences, and of course the hundreds of
students, both at graduate and undergraduate levels who
major in Korean studies.
The goal of our CKS website is to serve as a central place
where the above mentioned academic resources,
bibliographic data-bases as well conferences (eg. Upcoming
Korea related panels and events at this year
’s Chicago AAS Meetings can be downloaded as PDF files)
and job announcements can be accessed. We have also
included links to the major centers for Korean studies at
universities around the world, as well as grant
foundations such as the Korea Foundation, and the
North-east Asia Council grants, and plan to add more in
the future.

The best way to keep up with changes and additions to
the CKS website is to subscribe to our RSS feed. If
you use the RSS feed, you will be notified
automatically of new updates. We have information on
the site about how to subscribe to the RSS feed.
We also welcome your feedback (email:ckswebsite at yahoo.com)
and encourage the community to send us your news bulletins
and reports.
Our URL address is:
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~korea2/

Yours sincerely,
Hyung Il Pai,
Outgoing Chair of the Committee on Korean Studies and
current CKS website supervisor

Let's Celebrate Together!
Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/so2005/