[KS] Question on colonial photography

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 11:15:25 EST 2005

What a fascinating thread this has proved to be.

Among the very many virtues of this List, I for one
- having missed out on formal training on Korea,
and being too preoccupied with the here and now -
especially appreciate such opportunities as this
to keep abreast of historical and cultural themes
that one would otherwise miss.
Many thanks to all who have contributed.

Aidan FC

AIDAN FOSTER-CARTER
Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology & Modern Korea, Leeds University

Home address: 17 Birklands Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3BY, UK
tel: +44(0)  1274  588586         (alt) +44(0) 1264 737434          mobile:
+44(0)  7970  741307
fax: +44(0)  1274  773663         ISDN:   +44(0)   1274 589280
Email: afostercarter at aol.com     (alt) afostercarter at yahoo.com      website:
www.aidanfc.net

My recent musings on North Korea can be read at
http://www.newnations.com/headlines/nk.php#up008 and on inter-Korean relations at
http://www.csis.org/pacfor/cc/0404Qnk_sk.html
 - the latter also picked up by Nautilus, at
http://www.nautilus.org/fora/security/0508A_FosterCarter.html
Most recently (as at 11 Feb.) I'm back in Asia Times Online after a longish
silence, with two pieces: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/GB11Dg05.html ,
www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/GB12Dg01.html
The former, slightly revised, is also on PacNet t:
http://www.csis.org/pacfor/pac0506A.pdf
- and also on Nautilus, at
http://www.nautilus.org/fora/security/0516A_Carter.html
PS Very latest (7 March) on Asia Times at
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/GC08Dg01.html

Having followed this thread with what I trust is