[KS] Inquiry about Kenneth Gardiner

Frank Joseph Shulman fshulman at umd.edu
Thu Mar 17 18:31:01 EST 2005

Does anyone know for certain Professor Kenneth Gardiner's ACADEMIC MAJOR at the time when he wrote the following dissertation at the University of London?

GARDINER, Kenneth Herbert James  (1932- ).
The Rise and Development of the Korean Kingdom of Koguryo from the Earliest Times to A.D. 313.
Ph.D., School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, 1964.
Supervisors: W. G. Beasley and D. C. Twitchett.

While I presume that he majored in History, for bibliographical purposes I wish to confirm that fact--particularly as his major might have been something related but different.  Professor Gardiner's academic major does not appear in his thesis typescript, and I have not had any success over the past month in obtaining this information directly from various offices at the University of London.

Thank you very much for kindly considering this inquiry.

Frank Joseph Shulman
Bibliographer, Editor and Consultant for Reference Publications in Asian Studies
9225 Limestone Place
College Park, Maryland 20740-3943 (U.S.A.)
E-mail: fshulman at umd.edu