[KS] Multiple Languages on the Korean Peninsula

Jonathan Best jbest at wesleyan.edu
Fri May 27 14:08:29 EDT 2005

Just as a brief follow-up to Charles Mueller very helpful response to
Rupert Atkinson's query regarding multiple languages in Korea, it is
my recollection that the late third-century Sanguo zhi indicates that
the Mahan and Chinhan populations spoke different languages, i.e.,
that they could communicate with one another orally.

--
Jonathan W. Best
Art History Program, CFA

Telephone: (860) 685-3025